Why volunteer for Benzie Senior Resources? (BSR)
“I’d really like to help but I am just too busy. I hate to commit—what if I can’t follow through?”
If you have found yourself every saying that, PLEASE reconsider! Even once per month would make a difference. Over 60 dedicated individuals donate their time to teach classes, facilitate programs, deliver meals, staff our front desk, decorate, entertain and do countless other tasks. In 2013 our volunteers donated 9085 hours!
The following is a list of volunteer opportunities we offer here at BSR. Your commitment could be whatever you have to give.
- Board of Directors – Serving on our Board requires dedicated individuals who are truly committed to the mission of BSR
- Home Delivered Meals Drivers – Deliver meals to our homebound clients.
- Meal Runners – Meal “runners” are the co-pilots with the home delivered meals drivers. Meal runners are the ones to deliver the meals in person and meet and socialize with the seniors. They also help navigate the driver by reading the directions to the stops along the home delivered meal routes.
- Receptionist – Answer phones, greet the public, lunch-time desk coverage.
- Office – Type lists, organize files, prepare packets/mailings, etc.
- Programs – Assist with setting up for large group activities.
- Party Planner – Host and plan monthly celebrations and other special events/ decorate for holidays and special occasions.
- Travel Committee – This group is in its infancy stage and is in need of enthusiastic travelers to help get it off the ground!
- Advisory Committee – Our Senior Center, The Gathering Place, is in need of this committee to help guide the activities and happenings.
- Fund Development Committee – Wanted! Folks who are versed in fundraising.
This sounds great, where do I sign up? It’s simple! Just fill out the online form or click the link and print the application then bring it in to either our Administration Office or Senior Center.
If you don’t have a way to print it that’s okay—we’ll happily give you one when you stop by. We’ll need to take a copy of your driver’s license. All of our volunteers have to pass our background check for the safety of our clients.