The MATTER OF BALANCE class emphasizes practical strategies to reduce fear of falling and increase activity levels.
You will learn to:
- View falls as controllable
- Set goals for increasing activity
- Make changes to your environment to reduce fall risks at home
- Exercise to increase strength and balance
Who should attend?
- Anyone concerned about falls
- Anyone interested in improving balance, flexibility and strength
- Anyone who has fallen in the past
- Anyone who has restricted activities because of falling concerns
Comments from those who have taken this class:
- “Be more mindful about movements, safety, and positive assertiveness”
- “Increased awareness to potential falls. Increased monitoring blood pressure”
- “Self-confidence and attitude improvement”
- “I am so much more aware of preventing falls. I am so much more able to ask for help.”
- “I can’t help telling my friends how much I have learned from this class. I have encouraged many of my friends to find a class to learn what I have!”
- “A good way to meet other people with similar problems.”
- “Stopped wearing sloppy sandals. Threw out several area rugs.”
- “Keep exercising.”
- “I benefitted from the class. The discussions brought out issues and concerns that I will remember. The exercises I will practice the rest of my life.”
Please call 231-525-0600 for more information on the Matter of Balance Program.