New Services Recently Added!
Click to jump to the new services we are offering - more details are coming soon.
We have recently added a number of services that are listed below.
- Home Health Care: Assistance with personal care, meal preparation, light housekeeping, exercise, errands and companionship, based upon an assessment and care plan developed by a registered nurse.
- Senior Centers: The Gathering Place in Honor operates Monday – Friday and the Community Building in Thompsonville operates on the first Friday of each month. These sites connect older adults to vital community services, which support a healthy, independent lifestyle. These services include: health, fitness and wellness programs, and social and recreational activities.
- Respite: Much needed time off with peace of mind for family caregivers.
- Medication Management: Help with medication management by a registered nurse.
- Senior Essential Needs Fund: Assisting those in desperate need of shelter repairs, utilities, food and medical needs.
- Equipment Loan Closet: Free loans of gently used medical equipment.
- Hearing Clinic: Free hearing tests and free hearing aid checks and servicing is offered monthly at Benzie Senior Resources.
- Blood Pressure Clinic: Blood pressure clinics are offered twice monthly at the Gathering Place.
- Estate Planning: A free monthly opportunity for seniors to speak with an experienced estate planning attorney to review, update and/or create an estate plan.
- Tax Preparation: Free tax return preparation by volunteer preparers throughout the tax season.